WE ARE HIRING! Alisha Taylor Interiors is looking for a professional, organized, and self-motivated Jr. Designer who is proficient in 2D aspects of AutoCAD, has the willingness to learn, and loves luxury residential design. Three years of experience in residential design is a plus but not required.
The role of Junior Designer is responsible for working within a team environment, collaborating directly with our Senior Designer and Procurement Manager. Candidate must be organized, energetic, eager to learn, cheerful, good at multi-tasking, and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The Jr. Designer will contribute to the success of the firm by assisting with all aspects of design development, sourcing, meeting preparation, technical drawings, maintaining organized binders and sample library. Must be adaptable and able to successfully function with lots of balls in the air! We are a small boutique firm, which means we are like a family and are looking for the right person to add to our awesome team! We are flexible regarding a start date.
- 4-year Degree in interior design.
- 3 years of residential design experience (preferred but not required)
- Proficient in 2D AutoCAD – the ability to develop very detailed floorplans and elevations.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Ease with computers and learning new software applications and tools.
- Must have a great sense of numbers, math, geometry, and spatial awareness as it relates to design.
- Experience with any of the 3D rendering software programs taught in schools (We use Sketchup and will train if you have experience in a different software program).
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to multi-task; meet deadlines and is eager to learn and grow with the firm.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to live up to 50lbs
- Have a positive, friendly & professional attitude
- Independently create full design concepts for projects based on Principal’s design vision.
- General research and product sourcing.
- Prepare for client presentations by creating mood boards, detailed floorplans, drawings, and elevations.
- Work closely with Alisha through the conceptual design process for new build projects and furniture/furnishing projects
- Organize and manage sample library.
- Research new products and materials.
- Take, type up, and organize meeting notes, project status, deliverables, etc.
- Maintain organized client binders (digital and hard copies).
- Read architectural plans and produce scaled sketches, drawings, and room layouts.
Salary: Will be discussed in the interview and is based on experience.
Benefits: 10 days paid vacation/year, 12 paid holidays and paid sick time, Health Care Benefits, Monday Lunches provided, Work Laptop Provided, Beautiful & Inspiring office space, and an amazing team of fellow employees!
Please email a cover letter, resume, and link to portfolio to email@example.com and be prepared to submit references upon request.